Miss Marple in Photos
Jennifer Garner plays Miss Marple in a new film company, “Disney,” which changes the perception of the elderly living in a village woman detective, and depicts her thirty years of American crown. Let’s see what the actress playing this iconic role in different movies.
1. The photo Jennifer Garner is shown in the 2005 film “Elektra.”
2. Margaret Rutherford played Miss Marple in four films: “The 16.50 from Paddington” (1961), “After the funeral” (1963), “The most stupid Kill” (1964) and “Hey, Kill” (1964). Rutherford introduced the character of a brave old lady, which differs from stiff like a bird, Miss Marple, which Christie’s described in his novels.
3. In 1980, Angela Lansbury (who went on to play a noble lady detective in the television series “Murder, She Wrote”) is Miss Marple in the film “And tresnuv, mirror ring ….”
4. Joan Hickson starred in the BBC adaptations of all 12 novels, Miss Marple. The series went from 1984 to 1992. Hixon played the cook in the first film in which Margaret Rutherford played Miss Marple.
5. Geraldine McEwan starred in the first three series of Miss Marple, Agatha Christie.
6. Julia McKenzie has taken over the role of Geraldine McEwan in the television series of Miss Marple created by broadcaster ITV. In the photo she is shown with Joan Collins in the film “Through the Mirror.”
7. Helen Hayes played Miss Marple in two television movies, filmed television channel CBS: «Caribbean Mystery” (1983) and “Mirror Murder” (1984). In the photo she is shown in the last film with John Mills and Bette Davis.
8. June Whitfield voiced detective Miss Marple adaptations of all 12 novels for BBC Radio 4. The series aired from 1993 to 2001.
9. In 1977, Dulcie Gray played Miss Marple in the formulation of theater Vastu End “Declared Murder.”
10. Agatha Christie – best-selling novelist of all time. Sold about four million copies of her books. Miss Marple appeared in 12 of its detective stories, Hercule Poirot – 33. Her play “The Mousetrap” holds the record for the maximum number of theatrical productions – it was staged at the Theater Ambassador November 25, 1952, and shows to this day after more than 24 000 hits.